Effective Date: March 12, 2017
Key Privacy Points
We take steps to secure your data. The security of your data is very important to us and measures we implement to bolster security include storing your data in secure data centers, conducting regular security reviews, and providing security training to our employees.
1. What information does City Electric Supply collect?
When you use the Apps, we collect information relating to you and your use of the Apps and your mobile device from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterwards describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you
- City Electric Supply registration information: If a City Electric Supply App requires you to set up an account to use it, we may collect account registration details needed to set up that account, such as your email address.
- Other data you intentionally share: We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you participate in a City Electric Supply promotion, you may choose to provide us with your contact information so that we can contact you about that promotion.
- Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us
- Types of Data: Some of the mobile device data we collect may include:
- the type of mobile device you use;
- the identity of your mobile carrier or network;
- your device’s IP address and other device identifiers;
- your online activities;
- the amount of data you transmit;
- the contents of your communications;
- the identity of individuals who communicate with you;
- your location, if, for example, you access location-based services; and
- Usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with the Apps. This may include what features you use, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like many other services available today, our servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data: We may collect data from and about the device you use to access our services, such as your IP address, browser type, the list of apps you have installed and how they are used, your mobile device identifiers, notifications you have set on your device, browsing histories. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Information from third parties: We may combine information collected through the Apps with information about you that we receive from third parties for business, analytics, and service improvement purposes. If an App permits you to register by using a third party account (such as a Google or Facebook account), then the authentication of your logon details will be facilitated by that third party. We may also collect information about or from your third party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your App account to be linked to that third party account.
2. How does City Electric Supply use the information we collect?
Generally, we use the information we collect from you in connection with providing the Apps and other services to you, enhancing our products and offerings, and creating data analytics for our internal use. (However, when it comes to your personal information, we don’t sell, give, disclose, or share it with third parties).
- To provide you with our services and the Apps.
- This also includes providing you with user support, which requires us to access your information to assist you (such as with technical troubleshooting).
- To manage our services. We internally use your information for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor and maintain our services: We analyze information we collect to troubleshoot, test, and improve our services. For example, we may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational.
- To improve our services and features: We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, Device Data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, to understand how people use mobile devices, to understand how people use mobile apps, for marketing, for research and development purposes, and to help us evaluate or devise new features.
- To enforce our Terms of Service.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity: For example, we may use automated systems with certain Apps that screen usage patterns for fraudulent activity.
- To create new services, features, or content.
- To contact you about your service or account: We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm: If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. What are your rights to your information?
- Update your App account details: Some Apps allow you to update your registration and other account information associated with that App (such as your email address) through the account management section of that App. Information updated in this way is normally updated immediately.
- Delete your App Data: You can request deletion of all App Data held by City Electric Supply that has been collected from your mobile device in connection with your use of an App. However, we may continue to retain and use any analytical data that has been derived from your App Data (such as information about consumer behavior metrics and trends). Analytical data will not contain any App Data that has not been aggregated or de-identified, and analytical data cannot reasonably be linked to you.
For how long do we retain your data? In relation to data associated with an App, we retain that data for as long as your account for that App is open, though we reserve the right to delete all or some of the data at our discretion. Please note that uninstalling or deleting an App from your mobile device will not result in the cancellation of your App account (if you re-install the App, you will be able to re-use your App account).
4. Other important information
- Data locations: Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by us in the United States. Your personal information may also be processed in, or transferred and disclosed to, countries in which City Electric Supply subsidiaries and offices are located, and in which our services providers are located or have servers.
- Mobile Analytics: We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Apps on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the Apps, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- To make our site easier to use: If you use the “Remember me” feature when you sign into your account, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to the App.
- To provide you with personalized content: We may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- To advertise to you: We, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our website and other websites or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, we may evaluate which ads are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools, features and services
- Google Analytics: In addition to the above, we have implemented on our websites and other services certain Google Analytics features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting.
- Safety of Children and COPPA: Our services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 13. City Electric Supply does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from such a person, we may delete that information without notice.